Friday, July 25, 2008

Cell phones on the the brain - part2

Leave it to my Dad to make me realize how narrow my thinking can sometimes be… perhaps rather than finding safer ways to use my cell phone, I could just limit my use all together. Duh!

This brings up a good point: these days I’m all too quick to depend on gadgets…especially my iPhone. Without it, I wouldn’t remember any phone numbers or birthdates, I wouldn’t know to navigate many parts of Atlanta, and (gasp!) I wouldn’t be able to respond to email nor check my facebook on-the-go.

Thanks, Dad, for being so smart and always encouraging me to think outside the box. Below I’ve included his original email, which was copied to all those I sent my original cell phone warning email to. Hopefully you get the same inspiration from it as I did, or at least a good laugh!

"Kristin, you are killing your dad here!

Youngsters,

Life and business was so much simpler and less worrisome before MY generation created the toys you kids grew up with and most believe they cannot live without… the PC… the FAX… the INTERNET… (actually blame Al Gore for that one… according to him:) and then the CELL phone.

The jury is still out whether GPS has created more worry or less… but at least I know where I am on the planet earth when all the above devices are not working and the eventual day that my memory also goes ;>)

The world is counting on all you young brilliant engineer’s and CS people to reverse the havoc that our generation has created with these devices… Think about it… You could all just turn them off…

…LOL and TGIF (almost)

Hope everyone is well and at the least goes back to their “old school wired headset”

Best Regards,
Dave Vadas
VP Engineering Services & Solutions"

No comments: